'"I like being responsible and taking the lead. My favourite part of this job is meeting people and having the opportunity to be social" - Tyler Z. Janitorial
About Supported Employment
What is Supported Employment?
Our customized and individualized employment program matches job seekers with potential employers in ways that meet both needs. Through direct consultation with the employer, our customized services can produce employment by identifying job duties based on the job seeker's interests, strengths, potential skills and needs. A new job may also be created, possibly free up valuable production time for fellow employees.
Aside from helping to compensate for the labour supply and demand imbalance that we see today, creating employment for those with diverse abilities addresses the social issues of poverty and isolation felt by many of those living with a disability. Employees with diverse abilities match traditional employees in performance, workplace safety and attendance. Most do not require special accommodations.
- We pre-screen job seekers to ensure they are matched up with a suitable employer.
- We develop individualized plans to help job seekers reach their goals and achieve employment.
- We complete a job site analysis in order to match the individual with the appropriate job, or create a new job resulting in a dedicated position benefiting both the new employee and the employer.
- We provide temporary or ongoing support based on individual needs and progress.
- We offer to help educate staff and assist with implementing natural supports.
Quotes from Employers
“It has been an absolute pleasure having Kevin work with us at Boston Pizza. He always has a positive attitude and is willing to help out with any task asked of him. He fit right in with our entire team who look forward to his sense of humour and choices of music in the kitchen. We can always count on him to be hard-working and dedicated to doing the best job possible. A huge thanks to PDSCL for connecting us with such a fantastic team member!”
Veronica Hoffman -General Manager, Boston Pizza, Penticton
Light It Up! For NDEAM
We participate in National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM)
180 Industrial Avenue W., Penticton, BC.
Monday – Friday
8:30 am-3:30 pm